2019 Tryout Information2019 Club Volleyball Season Tryouts
Read important information regarding the 2018/2019 club Volleyball season below
*For 2019 we will be offering the following Girls teams: 1 – 15U teams, 2 – 16U teams, 2 – 17U/18U teams*
*We ‘may’ also be flooring a 14U Girls team, if so – tryouts will be hosted in January 2019. Check back often for updates*
Location: Royal Oak M.S.
- Tryout 1: Tue, Dec 4, 630-8pm
- Tryout 2: Sat, Dec 8, 10am–12
- Tryout 3: Sun, Dec 9, 10am–12
Location: Royal Oak M.S.
- Tryout 1: Tue, Dec 4, 8-9:30pm
- Tryout 2: Sat, Dec 8, 12pm–2
- Tryout 3: Sun, Dec 9, 12pm–2
Gordon Head M.S.
- Tryout 1: Fri, Dec 7, 630-830
Royal Oak M.S.
- Tryout 2: Sat, Dec 8, 2pm–4
- Tryout 3: Sun, Dec 9, 2pm–4
*For 2019 we hope to offer the following Boys teams: 1 – 12U/13U teams, 2-3 – 14U teams, 2 – 15U teams, 2 – 16U teams, 2 – 17U/18U teams*
*12/13U Boys tryouts will be scheduled for January 2019. Check back often for updates and tryout dates*
- Session 1: Saturday, December 8, 4-6pm @ Oak Bay High School
- Session 2: Tuesday, December 11, 630-8pm @ ROMS
- Session 3: Saturday, December 15, 10am – noon @ ROMS
- Session 1: Tuesday, December 11, 8-930pm @ ROMS
- Session 2: Saturday, December 15, 12-2pm @ ROMS
- Session 3: Sunday, December 16, 10am-noon @ ROMS
- Session 1: Friday, December 14, 630-815pm @ Gordon Head MS
- Session 2: Saturday, December 15, 2-4pm @ ROMS
- Session 3: Sunday, December 16, 12-2pm @ROMS
- Session 1: Friday, December 14, 815-10pm @ Gordon Head MS
- Session 2: Saturday, December 15, 4-6pm @ ROMS
- Session 3: Sunday, December 16, 2-4pm @ROMS
2019 Volleyball BC important acknowledgments
Volleyball BC has a clearly defined, zero-tolerance recruiting policy, designed to protect athletes, families, and clubs from unnecessary pressures. PLEASE READ THROUGH THE POLICY HERE on Page 11 for more information.
In 2017/2018 Club Volleyball season of play, Volleyball BC introduced an “Early Signing Date”, and will be again using that model for the upcoming 2018/2019 season of play.
The official “Early Signing Dates” are November 1, 2018-November 15, 2018. Allowing Club Coaches to sign athletes, at their discretion, ahead of tryouts. Also of note, athletes are no longer required to provide Proof of Release. However, clubs, athletes, and parents must still comply with the Volleyball BC Recruiting Policy. See the VolleyballBC 2018 Handbook below for details on the recruiting policy.
Additional details from the VBC 2019 Handbook relating to this change include:
- To accommodate and promote loyalty between athletes and clubs, returning athletes are permitted to sign with their previous (2018) club during the Early Signing Date.
- Athletes that choose not to sign early still can attend the tryout out as if they had not previously played for that club.
- Athletes that utilize the Early Signing Date may not be required to attend tryouts.
- Athletes that sign with their 2018 club for the 2019 season cannot attend selection camps for other clubs.
- A maximum of 12 athletes per team may utilize the Early Signing Date.
- Athletes that utilized the Early Signing Date must appear on every scoresheet for which they are available to compete.
- Please note: athletes that utilize the Early Signing Date are not guaranteed.
- To be placed on a specific team.
- To be placed on a “AA” Level team vs “A” Level team.
- Playing time.
Volleyball Canada – 2019 Age Categories
18U: Athletes born from September 1, 2000 to Dec 31 2001
17U: Athletes born from September 1, 2001 to Dec 31 2002
16U: Athletes born from September 1, 2002 to Dec 31 2003
15U: Athletes born from September 1, 2003 to Dec 31 2004
14U: Athletes born from September 1, 2004 to Dec 31 2005
13U: Athletes born from September 1, 2005 to Dec 31 2006
*In some cases there may be athletes that wish to play in an age group above their birth year, and in special circumstances this will be allowed, however every case will be reviewed and judged individually by the Head Coach of the team that athlete will play on, as well as the Executive Members of the club. All decisions will be final.